Sweet Corn Types
Sweet corn has come a long way! Choose from the following types:
Sugary-Enhanced Hybrids (se)
• Superior tenderness, creamy texture and good "corn" flavor.
• Higher sugar levels than (su) varieties resulting in hybrids that hold their quality longer than a week.
• Isolate from all (sh2) and (su) corn varieties.
Normal or High-Sugar Hybrids (su)
• Hearty corn flavor and firm, creamy texture—has been grown and enjoyed for many years.
• Sugars convert to starches quickly so best eaten shortly after harvest.
• Vigorous germination and easy to grow.
• Isolate from (sh2) varieties.
Super-Sweet Hybrids (sh2)
• Extra-sweet flavor and crisp texture.
• Higher sugar content than (se) and (su) varieties, as well as a slower conversion of sugars to starches—holds more than a week.
• Isolate from (su), (se) and (sy) types.
Synergistic Hybrids (sy)
• Combines the best characteristics of (sh2) and (se) types—very high sugar content; tender-crisp texture; and slow conversion of sugars to starches.
• Isolate from (sh2) and (su) varieties.
Simply Irresistible™ & Gotta Have It® Hybrids
• Sweet flavor, tender-crisp texture & rich corn taste.
• Slow conversion of sugars to starches—holds more than 2 weeks.
• Isolate from all (se) and (su) varieties.